PHOENIX VOCAL JAZZ ACADEMY
Hosted at Boulder Creek High School (Anthem)
Join us in August 2023!
This one-day vocal jazz workshop (9 AM – 6 PM) will feature:
- All participants perform in the Academy Mass Choir
- Jazz reading sessions with published music from Anchor Music Publications, independent publishers, and more (Teacher Track only)
- Breakout sessions of your choice
- A 4:30 PM final concert open to the public, featuring a special performance by the Academy Mass Choir & selected soloists
- Academy T-shirts available for pre-order, or on site!
Teacher Track – Registration includes publisher reading packets, & mass choir music
**Certificate of Professional Development hours available!
Student Track – Registration includes mass choir music
Group rates will be available – teachers or students can attend on their own, or bring your whole choir!
2022 PHOENIX ACADEMY SCHEDULE
9:00 AM – Check-In
- Check-in and Academy Welcome (light refreshments provided)
9:30 AM – Mass Choir Sectionals
10:30 AM – Teacher Reading Session / Student Jazz Solo Singing Workshop
12:30 PM – Lunch
1:15 PM – Mass Choir Rehearsal
2:15 PM – Breakout Sessions
Teacher/Student Breakout Sessions may include:
- Vocal Technique in Choral and Jazz Settings
- Improvisation Workshop
- Preparing for College & Auditions
3:15 PM – Mass Choir Final Rehearsal & Video Recording
5:00 PM – CLOSING CONCERT: Final Presentation for Parents & Attendees – open to the public
Featuring performances by Selected Soloists and the Academy Mass Choir
“Graduate Seminar” – hang for Teachers and Staff only, immediately following the conclusion of the Academy